Our Floorplan

Our Floorplan
900 sq ft

About Me

My photo
Call us crazy, nuts or temporary loss of senses. That's what they said....this is about the quiet quest to simplify our life! The process of eliminating the clutter and stress and taking back our freedom. Like many small business owners….we were hit hard due to the economy. We found ourselves rethinking the direction we were heading. Should we gamble and keep the big house and "stuff" because that's what everyone does or do we reexamine what is truly important in our lives? 9 Hundred Square feet is an open-ended journey in living “Smaller, Simpler and Stress-Free” lives!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

What Are You Thinking?

“What are you thinking?” “Are you out of your mind?” “Are you serious?” “Seriously?.....”

Yup, I’ve never been so convinced and so sure of what I was going to endure. Yes, I'm moving out of the house, the big garage, the perfectly manicured backyard and pool for a nine hundred square foot home. For every time I would hear, "You are crazy!" I knew in my heart and so did "Juan" (aka Hubby) we were doing the best thing for us.

Are you constantly buying and buying "stuff"? Only to find a bigger place to hold all your stuff? At the end of the day we are two people...how many sets of dishes, glasses, bedrooms (I did mention it’s just me and my husband along with a crotchety 31 year old parrot and two dachshunds) does one couple need? Like I said.....it's just stuff!

I do not know how we started on this quest; yes I call it a quest because it is our search for something, a simpler life….freeing ourselves from always wanting more and more and never being happy or satisfied for what we have at that moment. I knew this was going to be especially long and difficult challenge but we were ready for it.

My goal is to “illustrate” my journey in downsizing and “right-sizing” our life and hopefully provide you some great insight on what to do AND what NOT to do.

So I like to invite you to join me in my quest to discover a simpler life!

1 comment:

  1. @Tamis3Angels: No one can take away your memories. When so many of those memories are tied to items we have stored away in boxes, all we really have/enjoy is the memory. I found that passing those items on to others to enjoy (ie, Sister, Brother, Neices, etc) allowed me to savor the memories even more as I got to see someone else enjoying these items as well as building their own memories.

    ReplyDelete