Our Floorplan

Our Floorplan
900 sq ft

About Me

My photo
Call us crazy, nuts or temporary loss of senses. That's what they said....this is about the quiet quest to simplify our life! The process of eliminating the clutter and stress and taking back our freedom. Like many small business owners….we were hit hard due to the economy. We found ourselves rethinking the direction we were heading. Should we gamble and keep the big house and "stuff" because that's what everyone does or do we reexamine what is truly important in our lives? 9 Hundred Square feet is an open-ended journey in living “Smaller, Simpler and Stress-Free” lives!

Friday, January 13, 2012

“Don’t make somebody a priority if they only make you an option!”



Thought I'd share a picture of me!
 
Have you seen this saying before? “Don’t make somebody a priority if they only make you an option!”Me???First time this year….and yet…it seems I’ve seen it everywhere. It keeps popping up like it is haunting me, whispering in my ear or maybe smacking me on the backside of my head saying “Hey you… wake up!”
I’m not trying to be philosophical or get real deep here….I just thought it is something we All should think about. Not only from a personal perspective….but in business too.
My “other life” is staffing. Juan and I have been doing this a L-O-N-G time. We love working with clients who are truly interested in finding top talent AND working with people who are looking to better themselves. Often times…we work with companies that say they want help in finding someone for a role and yet we are chasing them down trying to have a business conversation with them.
It happens to me a lot lately in work and in my personal life. I continue to make others a priority, bending over backwards and do not get the same treatment in return.
Now the Catholic side of me (dear Lord…she’s now going religious on me) has always been this. I do things for others NOT to expect anything in return. I never was a believer of “I did something for you, now you owe me and vice versa.” I do thinks because I want to…I love to…I’m happy to.
However….if you feel like your beating your head against the wall, think about my statement I found running rampant on the internet. I do not know who said this first…who thought of this…however, it truly spoke to me and thought I would share.
Have a great weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment