Our Floorplan

Our Floorplan
900 sq ft

About Me

My photo
Call us crazy, nuts or temporary loss of senses. That's what they said....this is about the quiet quest to simplify our life! The process of eliminating the clutter and stress and taking back our freedom. Like many small business owners….we were hit hard due to the economy. We found ourselves rethinking the direction we were heading. Should we gamble and keep the big house and "stuff" because that's what everyone does or do we reexamine what is truly important in our lives? 9 Hundred Square feet is an open-ended journey in living “Smaller, Simpler and Stress-Free” lives!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cleaning Up The Details

With this whole "right-sizing" our lives, I have tried....really tried...in getting more and more organized. I've realized that the more organized I’ve become... with every space, room, closet and drawer, the easier my life becomes and the quicker I can get out and enjoy life.

I've taken the time to take each section of our space and find the best organization tools and products out there to help me be more organized. I am convinced...you should take the time to find (or create your own) storage solutions. Take that extra step! Although you’ve cleaned out and rid yourself of the extra stuff...take the time to add/create storage within storage solutions.

Okay so get to the point...with many of the drawers I have, I've added dividers to keep everything in it's place. Admit it, those sock and underwear drawers can become unruly the minute you are running late and flying (yes flying) through your drawers. All that time you took to neatly fold all those "unmentionables" is nothing but a flurry of multi-color and lacy carnage. (Wow that's a picture for ya). First time in years, I added the dividers for me and Juan and it makes it so much easier because everything has a spot, nook or place.

My latest find is something Juan has kept for years. However it is a great piece to add to my office/workspace in organizing many of my art supplies for example.


This beautiful piece is actually a cash register drawer that belonged to his grandparents who owned a furniture store.


So with a little clean up and teak oil...I will have a cool vintage organizer with great history.
See... you don't have to rid yourself of family heirlooms or vintage pieces; you just need to think outside the box and repurpose them.

So the next time you are cleaning out your garage or tinkering around a junk store, be creative and find other ways to store, divide and conquer organization.

2 comments:

  1. This is SO beautiful! It is so nice to see family heirlooms being used and enjoyed and preserved. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's a great way to utilize those treasures you may have around for organization. Makes me happy each time I dip into the drawer for a bead etc.

    ReplyDelete