Our Floorplan

Our Floorplan
900 sq ft

About Me

My photo
Call us crazy, nuts or temporary loss of senses. That's what they said....this is about the quiet quest to simplify our life! The process of eliminating the clutter and stress and taking back our freedom. Like many small business owners….we were hit hard due to the economy. We found ourselves rethinking the direction we were heading. Should we gamble and keep the big house and "stuff" because that's what everyone does or do we reexamine what is truly important in our lives? 9 Hundred Square feet is an open-ended journey in living “Smaller, Simpler and Stress-Free” lives!

Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas


Okay...okay...I know...you are barely carving the pumpkins and have all the scary decorations and bags of candy in time for the "trick or treaters". So why in the world am I talking about ho-ho-ho and jingle all the way?


Black & White Checked Cross
 Well I wanted to show you what I've been doing in my tiny little house during the hot days of summer.

I've been fascinated with making jewelry with wire. I love seeing how one can bend and weave the silver or gold wire into beautiful wearable art.

"I could do that!" I thought to myself and started practicing on stainless steel wire. I didn't want to start with the real silver or gold wire.....it really sucks if you mess up and then you've wasted the wire and the money.

So, I began making charms and adding Czech glass beads. I really got into making these charms and decided to create tin ornaments and attach them onto the ornaments. They are my Christmas charm ornaments! ( I know... not a super clever name)

They are hand made using tin as the cut outs (tree, dove, cross, star and ornament) I like the ones in silver with the hammer texture, however my Mom suggested I paint some...so I did.

I'll show you the ones I've come up with already and show you some in detail. I am not a professional photographer so forgive me for just laying them out on my patio table. (Smiley face)

So enjoy a brief video montage and a little christmas music to get you in the ho-ho-ho mood!

I would like to know your thoughts on these and to help me... Let me know if you like the painted ones or prefer the ones that are not painted.

Yes, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in my 900 square foot home due to ornaments laying about amongst the jack-o-lanterns and fall leaves.

I'll clean up....

1 comment:

  1. I like the painted and the plain charms equally well. It would depend on where are on the tree (or elsewhere in the house) the ornaments are to be placed.

    The painted charms will stand out better in empty spaces (filling the gap between branches, hanging from a lamp, and so on) while the plain ornaments will stand up well against strongly colored backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete