Our Floorplan

Our Floorplan
900 sq ft

About Me

My photo
Call us crazy, nuts or temporary loss of senses. That's what they said....this is about the quiet quest to simplify our life! The process of eliminating the clutter and stress and taking back our freedom. Like many small business owners….we were hit hard due to the economy. We found ourselves rethinking the direction we were heading. Should we gamble and keep the big house and "stuff" because that's what everyone does or do we reexamine what is truly important in our lives? 9 Hundred Square feet is an open-ended journey in living “Smaller, Simpler and Stress-Free” lives!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

We're Just Urban Hobos


Juan's bike
 Several years ago, Juan and I got into bicycling. I found that when I'm on a bike it doesn't feel like exercise. I can get on and go for hours.

For me..... one of the few things in life that can bring such wonderful memories of being a kid is getting on my bike. The world moves at a slower pace. It's about you motoring the pedals and zipping through the neighborhoods listening to the surroundings, smelling the fresh air, feeling the breeze on your face....being free.

My bike
As Juan and I embark on almost a year of downsizing right-sizing our lives, we are learning to enjoy the simpler things in life. Since I recently posted mine and Juan's perspective on becoming a one car family... what greater joy for us to embrace our bicycling and making it a part of our daily lives NOT just for exercise but a way of life.

We thought it would be fun to incorporate our bicycling into our blog to show you that living in a small space....right-sizing our lives and living a simpler lifestyle might get you thinking about what's more important for you and your family. Not asking you to give up on the finer things in life (I have not given up on style, designer anything and my love of clothing) but to eliminate any excess you may have. Remember what I always go back to.... keep the things that are beautiful and you hold dear to you and use them. Use the nice dishes...use the silverware....use the fine furniture....enjoy your things.

I will add updates on our rides and how we incorporate bicycling into our daily lives. Today, we headed out for a ride to get some breakfast. The weather was perfect and we had an opportunity to see some frightening things along the way....
Boo

Beware all who enter!!!
Mwahh Haa Haaaaa (Must repeat in a scary voice)

I hope you will enjoy my quest for living in a small space, enjoying a simpler lifestyle and incorporating bicycling into our daily lives! In the meantime....I will enjoy my cup of coffee.




No comments:

Post a Comment